Our Blog:)


We are about to start a new year, and we thought we would start a new project. Shannon suggested to start a cooking blog and Kal was on board. I myself am not a great cook but was on board for the challange. So I being better at the computer than the cookbook started the blog and now have opened it to a few family members and friends that like to cook, or just like to eat. So this blog has several different people, all bloging our favorite receipes, our cooking experiments good or bad. Basically us just having fun!

Heather


Saturday, January 15, 2011

Banana Bread

This recipe is one of my favorites that I make all the time, I even save banana's and let them go bad just to make it . It is a simple recipe with ingredients that you have around your pantry and fridge all the time . A wonderful snack to enjoy with coffee or warm tea. I serve with honey butter but it is wonderful without it.

Ingredients
1c. sugar
1/4c butter(softened)
3 mashed ripe bananas
1/4c milk
1/4c sour cream
1egg white
1whole egg
2c all purpose flour
1tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1tsp vanilla
cooking spray

Preheat oven 350.
Beat sugar and butter at medium speed until well blended.Add bananas,milk,sour cream,and eggs;beat well.
In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt.Add flour to wet mixture gradually beating on low speed until mixed well . Add vanilla beat to incorporate. Coat a 9 inch loaf pan with cooking spray ;spoon batter in to pan . Bake for 1hour and 10 mins or till toothpick can be inserted and come out clean .Cooking times may vary depending on your oven I usually check mine at 1 hour so not to over cook the bread.


Honey Butter
1/4c butter softened
1 Tbs honey
Mix and serve

1 comment:

Me said...

I made this and it was a delicious Banana Loaf. Thank you!